Workforce Development Advice - Home
Workforce development is an essential part of ensuring the future strength and impact of organisations ...
Wherever your organisation may be located:
- Geographically / Culturally / Environmentally / Socially / Economically.
Whatever form of organisation it may be:
- Commercial / Voluntary / Local Government / Central Government / Retail / Manufacturing / or Service sector.
At its heart, workforce development means developing the people in your organisation in a manner that increases your organisational capacity to deliver the services and activities it was set up to provide.
Of course, when I refer to people, this includes paid workers, volunteers and trustees.
The website has been developed to present Training managers, HR professionals and Company Owners / Managers with some basic tools and / or information on managing workforce development.
I hope you find it useful.
If there is key HR / L&D information you would like to see included on the website, drop me a line via the 'Contact Us' dialogue page / box.
- Workforce Development Advice - Contact us
- This page contains information about how to contact us
- National Occupational Standards
- National Occupational Standards specify the standards of performance that staff are expected to achieve in their work, and the knowledge and skills they need to perform effectively.
- Academic Accreditation
- Academic Accreditation - If your organisation assesses and certifies the skills of your own personnel, you may want to have your in-house qualifications accredited.
- Learning Management
- Learning management involves ensuring that employees have access to relevent learning opportunties which will provide long-term business benefit.
- Manage Performance
- To manage performance is to maximize return on investment related to training personnel and minimize any potential financial risks.
- Apprenticeships are an excellent way of gaining qualifications and workplace experience.
- Employability Skills
- Employability skills development includes training for people looking for work; for people learning how to do a job; or for people learning new skills in their current job.
- Teaching Online
- Simply, teaching online /e-learning means using digital technology (whether thats computers, the internet, digital cameras / camcorders, mobile phones etc) in teaching and learning.
- Business Mentoring
- Business Mentoring is useful to a practitioner, at the beginning of her/his career, at times of significant career change or in response to specific, significant challenges.
- Employee Coaching
- Employee coaching is useful for practitioners early on in their careers or at a time of organisational change.
- Leadership Skill Development
- Leadership skill development is increasingly important for organisations in the face of financial pressures and constant change.
- Volunteers - There are many reasons that people give for volunteering. For some, volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change.
- Equality and Diversity
- Equality and Diversity - Whether you are a large multinational company, a small business or a freelance worker, it pays to know about equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Site Admin
- This page links together the site admin pages.
- Dealing with Stress
- Dealing with Stress